The Double Edge Sword of Loyalty
- There are bad leaders out there, no doubt
- “Management reserves the right to manage poorly”
What you should expect:
- Fair & consistent treatment
- Genuine concern for your wellbeing & development
- The tools & support you need to do your job
- To be challenged and to be made to demonstrate your proficiency
What your leaders should expect
- For you to do your job (Mark Von Alpen Fully Involved)
- For you to be engaged in the organization
- For you to respect our craft & our profession
- For you to respect the right of the leader to make decisions
- To ask questions
So when the leaders are not “loyal” ask
- Why do I think that?
- Exactly what did they do to make me say that?
- Can I help to make things better?
- How are my skills, it is easy to be critic in the recliner.