The school had set up a large tent/membrane structure for a special event for the school. It is believe that a short circuit in some wiring could have started the fire.
The large loss of life was primarily due to the stampede created from the panic from the rapidly spreading fire. It was reported that there were over 1200 people in the tent at the time of the fire. This could happen here to any jurisdiction. Inspections need to be done on these events and temporary structures to ensure proper wiring and adequate exits. Stay safe and diligent.